Well, apparently the Spring is in the air — we did not get enough signups to be able to create a group rate for the Croatian Snow Day, so we are officially cancelling the event. A few of us will be skiing together on Sunday, 3/26 — if you’d like to join us, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hvala.
If you generally are interested in a snow event in NH, but the date didn’t work out for you this time, please send us an email to email@example.com to let us know. We will plan next year with a longer lead time (probably last weekend in January), and can potentially coordinate a date that works for most people.
Sorry to miss you this year, and look out for info about the next year’s skiing.
CONCEPT BELOW: consisting of daytime outdoor activities and an evening gathering/dinner to be held at the Loon Mountain Resort, Lincoln, NH on March 25. Please purchase lift tickets, rentals or other programs by March 11th. Buttons below. Also, please register for the dinner below.
We have secured group rates for many snow activities in addition to the lift tickets — tubing, cross country, ziplines, snowshoeing (chose from various options below.) In addition to group rates, the key benefit to lift ticket holders is that we’ll have dedicated mountain guides which will give us access to express lift lines.
Croatian Flag Flying High at Loon Mountain Resort, NH
Our organization needs to make one payment for all participants. To enable us to do that, please use buttons below to purchase by March 11th. We need a minimum of 30 different activities booked in order to obtain group rates.
If we do not get enough interest, we will refund your payment in full.
– Food at the mountain will be on you: bring your own or buy. We will provide some snacks.
– Croatian Snow Day Dinner will be held at 6:00pm at a Private Club House in the town of Lincoln. Details about the dinner will be sent to people who RSVP by registering for the dinner by March 11th.
More information, including lodging options is below. We will NOT be organizing lodging or carpooling, but if participants agree to share emails, we can send one email to all participants to coordinate as you wish.
Hope to see you on March 25th!
The Boston Croatian Community
To reserve lodging, you can find info at: http://www.loonmtn.com or check out the following condos/hotels, all of which have a shuttle bus to Loon: Lincoln Station Lodge, Nordic Inn, RiverGreen or Kancamagus Lodge. Another option for a bigger group is to get a condo via the Loon Mountain Reservations www.looncondoconnection.com/.
Croatian Snow Day Dinner on 3/25: starting at 6:00pm at a private Club House in Lincoln village. Menu TBD will include appropriate Croatian winter recipes + salads. All: BYOB + bring one dessert per family, preferably Croatian recipe.
Tickets for dinner: we originally planned for the event to be either free or with a nominal contribution. However, given the current political climate, our organization which was formed to help Croatia and refugees from the region, asks that you make a donation for the dinner. The funds collected will be matched by New England Friends of Croatia, a 501c3 organization, and sent to ACLU.org aiming to protecting people’s rights and liberties, including immigrant rights.
Registration/donations for Dinner: NEFC will match your generous donations
– FOR ALL: First meet-up: 8:00am, Saturday at the Loon Mountain Resort, Gov. Adams Lodge, to distribute tickets and organize the group. We will send email to all that sign up with specifics a few days beforehand.)
– For NON-skiers: for all that plan to spend the day at the Adventure Center, there are numerous options – you can get either a Day Pass or get a pass for cross-country, snowshoeing, ziplines. etc. Check the purchasing options.
– For skiers/boarders: we are getting lift ticket + Mountain Guides + express lift line access – we will divide the group into three: Novice, Intermediate and Advanced level groups. We need a minimum of 30 tickets in a group to secure a group rate which we negotiated to include official Ski Instructor/Guides. Why do we need them? A Loon Instructor/Guide leads a group to an EXPRESS lift line for ski school, so there is no waiting which on a Saturday is a big deal. Plus, you will get tips on how to improve your skiing at an appropriate level. Regular lift price is $95 on a weekend. Our price INCLUDING THE GUIDE IS $100 ticket for adults or $89 for 13-18ys olds.
LESSONS – 13+ For 13+ old skiers/borders that want a full lesson, whether you skied before or not: just choose that on the menu, and when you meet the group, you will be put in the appropriate level for a lesson. Also, pick rentals if you need them.
- Half Day: Lift/Lesson/Rental Package: $109 (regularly about $150)
- Full day: Lift/Lesson/Rental Package: $135 (regularly about $190)
For all younger-than-13 children, the Loon Resort does not provide group rates for children, so please proceed to the mountain website and make reservations directly. They will ask you for a credit card, but it is not charged till you actually get there. BOOK early, as they do sell out.