On Feb 5, join Terra Madre Winery representing the Komarna Appellation in Dalmatia, as Chef Matt introduces delicious Croatian-inspired six courses which are thoughtfully paired with adventurous, natural wines such as crisp #Posip, and powerful #Plavac. Click on the eventbrite link to get tickets. Hope to see you there. Zivili!
ndulge in a six course wine pairing dinner, featuring hand crafted wines of Croatia, hosted by the Wine Makers and their Importer!
About this Event
Les Zygomates Winebar & Bistro cordially invites you to a unique wine experience! Explore the beautifully crafted wines of Croatia, specifically the Komarna appellation in Dalmatia. Croatia is the birthplace of the original Zinfandel varietal, referred to as Tribidrag in the native tongue. Les Zygomates is pleased to welcome three winemakers of the region who have deftly worked with a sister varietal, the Plavac Mali. This dinner is a perfect showcase for a single varietal and the myriad differences created from terroir and individual winemaking.
Guests will enjoy six wines from vintners Rizman, Terra Madre and Volarevic, expertly paired with food selections from our Executive Chef Matt Jones and Sommelier Marshall McGlynn.
These wines include (menu selections to follow):
· Volarevic Posip 2018 – a balanced & rich white, with flavor and aromas of apricot and citrus
· Terra Madre Plavac Mali Rose 2018 – a dry, crisp & citrusy rose
· Komarna 7 (K7) Plavac Mali Red 2016 – full bodied and robust
· Terra Madre Plavac Mali Premium 2016 – balanced & smooth with hints of black cherry and black pepper, dusty tannins
· Rizman Plavac Mali Reserve 2015 – black plum and bramble with floral notes – spicy finish
· Volarevic Plavac Mali Syrtis Gold Edition 2013 – black cherry, raspberry, with notes of cinnamon & leather – rich, dry finish; complex
Tickets are $95 per guest and do not include tax or gratuity. Space is limited! Be sure to reserve your spot today.